In order to provide a customer support structure to solve technical problems associated with the characteristics of concrete and the development of new cement products, the Cement Application Development Centre (CDAC) was established in 2007 to continue the former Concretes Laboratory, which was set up at the Outão plant over 20 years ago.
With the inauguration of CDAC (a laboratory accredited since 2011) it has been possible to focus on the study and development of cement as a material, which enabled the launch of new innovative solutions and the development of potential markets.
Currently, CDAC is responsible for coordinating R&D for the SECIL Group, being a reference for the construction industry as a synonym for knowledge and innovation. In this context, some projects are currently underway, funded by the NSRF (BETHERM; Invisible Network and ENERGREEN).
CDAC provides consulting services in the design or construction phases in the field of building materials made from cement and has a laboratory for performing laboratory tests on aggregates, cements and binders, mortars, concrete and prefabricated structures.
The CDAC assumes that the excellence of the service provided and the maintenance of a high level of quality will only be visible with a relationship of trust in its technical and organizational capacity.
Accordingly, all employees treat their customers as a priority. The CDAC also assumes recognition of the policies already established at SECIL, S.A.
To be a benchmark laboratory for its customers and other stakeholders, with recognized quality, constant improvement and ability to offer:
- Rigorous testing following the directives of the Quality Manual, EN ISO/IEC 17025 and the respective regulations;
- Reliability of results;
- Compliance with deadlines agreed with the customer;
- Impartiality, confidentiality and independence in results;
- The commitment of its employees.
- Full satisfaction of the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Establishing development, investment and improvement strategies;
- Prioritizing Quality, based on greater commitment.
- Qualification, training and permanent upgrading of employee skills;
- Suitable planning of activities;
- Participatory management.